RSS

Vastanvi removed as Deoband University VC

Deoband July 24: Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi has been removed as the Vice Chancellor of Darul Uloom Deoband University after getting eight votes against him at the Deoband meeting.
Vastanvi, who refused to resign from the post of Vice Chancellor, got five votes in favour and eight against him.
"I am bidding farewell to Darul Uloom. I told the committee that I will not step down but they can remove me if they deem it fit," Vastanvi said.
He alleged that the report submitted before the committee is not complete and refused to accept an incomplete report.
"The students of Darul Uloom are not against me but a section of the students were being brainwashed by a few," he said.
Vastanvi sparked controversy in February, 2011 when he said that Muslims had benefited from the development initiative of the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi. He later denied to have said this.


No comments:

Visitors: